Regulatory Compliance Manager
ABOUT THE TEAM
The Regulatory Compliance team is key to ensuring Revolut’s products and processes meet the wording and spirit of regulatory requirements and translate into good customer outcomes. Regulatory Compliance also facilitates open and transparent relationships with our regulators.
The Regulatory Compliance team brings Revolut’s commitment to improving all aspects of risk management. We are far more data-led than similar functions within other companies; our team has both a strong understanding of regulatory requirements and also the ability to find innovative solutions to complex problems and carry out testing in a purely digital environment.
Join a team that knows that better people and machines are the most effective way of managing risk.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We’re looking for a Regulatory Compliance Manager with expertise in data protection and privacy to join our Group Regulatory Compliance team. This individual will provide specialist data protection advice and support on Mergers and Acquisitions (M&A) projects. They will also work closely with our Group Data Protection Officer to implement and monitor compliance with our Global Data Protection Framework across the Revolut group.
WHAT YOU'll BE DOING
- Informing and advising the business on its obligations under data protection laws, as they impact its activities across all products and business units
- Leading on data protection due diligence in respect of acquisition targets
- Leading on integration of acquired businesses into relevant group processes and ensuring their compliance with group data protection and privacy policies
- Working with Revolut product teams on the completion of Data Protection Impact Assessments for new product launches
- Ensuring that Article 30 records of processing are kept up to date
- Where required, providing advice on the management and resolution of incidents involving personal data, including advising on decisions as to whether to notify regulatory authorities
- Working closely with other Regulatory Compliance Managers, legal counsel and the risk team to ensure group policies and procedures are followed
- Responding to enquiries about the Revolut data protection policies, procedures and compliance raised by external regulators and clients
- Monitoring and anticipating changes to relevant regulations and guidance and driving changes to policies and data processing to respond to them
- Leadership of other relevant data protection projects as required
- Liaising with key internal (e.g. Legal and Risk) and external (e.g. Regulators, advisors, vendors, partners etc) stakeholders as required
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- Strong analytical, communication and interpersonal skills
- Skilled in collaboration, teamwork and problem solving to achieve goals
- Knowledge and experience of GDPR
- Fluent in English
- Experience of M&A Transactions
- 6+ years experience of data protection compliance advisory work
- Qualified lawyer (but not a necessity)
- Experience of advising on data protection and privacy in the context of global projects
- Experience of advising regulated financial services businesses
- CIPP/E, CIPM, CIPT, FIP
A little about us…When Revolut was founded in 2015, we had a vision to build a sustainable, digital alternative to traditional big banks. Our mission now is to help our customers improve their financial health, empower them to have more control, and promote financial cohesion across the communities in which we operate. Launching into 2021 with 15 million Personal customers and over half a million Business customers only reinforced our belief in the vast need across the world for better financial services.
What we’re looking for…Revolut is being scaled up by people all around the world who share our vision. We’re looking for people who align with our five core values: we believe that we Get it Done because we Think Deeper and are strongly rooted in the Dream Team. We Never Settle hence why we always Deliver Wow. You want to join a community of forward-thinking people - we are here for you. We believe in empowering our Revoluters in their work, giving them autonomy and ownership of what they do. We want everyone at Revolut to own their story and their successes - working with us means you’re not just another cog in the machine.
• Competitive salary
• Excellent training and guidance from our team
• Roll with a free Revolut Metal subscription
• Private medical care
• Group Insurance
• Multisport card