🤓 Community Manager
10 000 - 15 000 PLN netto
🌍 Appsilon | Chmielna 2/31, Warszawa🖥 https://appsilon.com/
#Tech, #SocialMedia, #Communitymanager
Appsilon is an ambitious and fast-growing software house and consultancy specializing in decision support systems and machine learning with Fortune 500 clients across the globe. We are a unique company driven by a mission to improve our society and environment. Some examples of our #AI4good work include contributing to animal preservation in Gabon Parks, building COVID-19 dashboards, and improving data science tools for Doctors Without Borders.
We are a global leader in R and Shiny, which are used by companies of all sizes to build analytical applications. When companies run into difficult problems or want to initiate large-scale enterprise projects, they come to Appsilon.
Before you apply, please read our code of conduct.
Do you want to join a motivated team of talented and intelligent explorers?
We are looking for a creative and technical-minded communicator to be the engine of Appsilon’s involvement in the R community and beyond. As Community Manager, you will collaborate with Fortune 500 companies and strategic partners like RStudio on industry-leading webinars and conferences. You will also have a crucial role in crafting Appsilon’s Employer Branding, social media, and PR strategies. This Shiny Masterclass is an example of a recent collaboration between Appsilon and RStudio at rstudio::global 2021. This virtual event had thousands of attendees and received highly positive feedback from organizations like NASA, Deloitte, and Johnson & Johnson.
The ideal candidate will be a native (or near-native) English speaker with strong ties to the R community and excellent communication/presentation skills. Prior experience in tech journalism, content marketing, or social media management is a plus, but not required. Overall we are looking for a friendly and motivated leader who will be excited to build a small team and enhance Appsilon’s already positive reputation in the R Community.
You will be responsible for:
- Conferences: You will be responsible for Appsilon’s presence in global conferences. You will search for worthwhile conferences related to R and Python, monitor deadlines for abstract submissions, and help our tech team create abstracts and finalize conference presentations.
- Webinars and Events: You will help organize webinars with clients and partners such as RStudio and various Global 2000 companies. You will also help create and promote hackathons, contests, and AI4G initiatives.
- Partnerships: Work alongside our strategic partners such as RStudio on joint marketing efforts and events.
- Employer Branding: Help boost Appsilon’s reputation as one of the best places in the world to work!
- Public Relations: Coordinate with our PR Specialist to make sure Appsilon is recognized in national and international media.
- Social Media Strategy: You will be responsible for maintaining a social sharing calendar on LinkedIn, Twitter, and other social channels, as well as helping to position Appsilon’s team members as thought leaders.
What’s in it for you:
- Competitive salary: 10K-15K PLN Gross + VAT on B2B depending on experience and candidate qualifications
- 26 Vacation Days
- Approximately 11 Additional Public Holidays
- 4 Personal Development Days to use for trainings and career development
- Personal Development Budget: +5% on top of your gross salary that allows you to invest in your skills, mental health, or well-being
- The latest M1 MacBook as a blazing fast machine for work
- Employment type: we’re flexible – you can choose between umowa o prace employment (Polish residents only) or B2B. B2B contracts retain many attractive benefits such as vacation days.
- An opportunity to work with high-profile Fortune 500 clients, including some of the world’s most important companies. Unlike other software consulting companies, who compete in the red ocean of software development, Appsilon offers scarcely available services, sought after by the largest organizations in the world.
- Flexible working hours that let you balance a satisfying career with a robust personal life
- A remote-first work setup that accommodates the need to complete deep work with minimal distraction
- A smart and friendly English-speaking team with a great, non-toxic company culture. Our team members have worked for Fortune 500 companies like Google, Microsoft, and Bank of America. Many have earned PhDs and MScs from some of the best academic institutions worldwide.
- A chance to grow your role within a young and profitable tech company driven by a positive mission. More information on our AI For Good Initiative here: https://appsilon.com/ai-for-good/
- Semi-annual in-person company retreats when it becomes safe travel
- Virtual assistant service via AskHenry.pl (in-person assistant service for Polish Residents)
- Benefits for Polish residents: private health care, sport/culture card, and more
- Native or near-native English skills (C2 or higher, Polish language skills are not required)
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- The ability to quickly understand new high-level technical concepts
- Basic knowledge of Content Marketing, SEO, and SEM
- Familiarity with WordPress (or similar CMS) and Mailchimp
- Social Listening tools such as BuzzSumo/Sprinklr
- Social Media Management Experience
- Demonstrated ability to grow a LinkedIn, Facebook, or Twitter account
- Familiarity with R Shiny, Computer Vision, or the capacity to quickly learn new technical skills is a plus
Our recruitment process:
- Phone Interview with our Operations Department
- Written Recruitment Task
- Interview with Appsilon’s Head of Growth
- Culture Fit Interview with Appsilon’s CEO or COO
How does this position sound to you?
If you are interested, apply with your CV.
Additionally, you can include a portfolio, English writing sample (technical documentation, an academic paper, a blog post, etc), recorded video presentation or tutorial, websites you’ve written copy for, or social media accounts that you have grown. We will treat this as an extra asset to your application.
Does this sound like a great opportunity for you? Write to: firstname.lastname@example.org or use the Apply button below!