🤓 Content Writer / Content Specialist
🌍 Bidroom.com | Rynek Główny 27, Kraków🖥 http://www.bidroom.com
#content, #contentwriter, #storytelling
It’s no secret Bidroom is growing. But here’s what you don’t know: emerging from the golden, luscious field of our marketing department is a brand new team dedicated to making head-turning, jaw-dropping, drool-forming, totally killer, brand-building content. Want to join #teamcontent?
TL;DR: Bidroom is initiating a dedicated content team and we’re looking for a snappy, clever, creative writer to do just that: write.
What you’ll be doing:
Well, um, in case it’s not obvious, you’ll be writing stuff. Lots of stuff. Stuff ranging from newsletter content, email sequences and campaigns, blogposts, web copy, landing page copy, infographics, reports, e-books, long-form and short-form texts. These texts will have varying purposes: from converting users, to passing on valuable knowledge, to making people laugh, to furthering business goals. They’ll also be featured and formatted on a variety of platforms, from digital, web, app, print, to even TV commercials or bulletin boards. Our content adventure is only just beginning. Your hungry audience awaits.
Not a jack of all trades? You don’t have to be. Tell us what you specialise in, and we’ll carve out a piece in the Bidroom puzzle that’s shaped just like you—and not the other way around. Overwhelmed by all the content we listed? Don’t worry, you’ll work closely with our fab Content Manager who will guide you, focus you, direct you, and imbue our tone of voice into every cell of your being.
What qualities are we looking for?
- Fluent in English (native or C2 level)
- Writing and editing skills that aren’t just excellent, but unicorn-like—if you’ve got flair, style, a unique approach and you can put words together in weird ways that tickle people’s fancy and put a smile on their face—we’re already excited
- 2+ years of experience in a content marketing, editorial or copywriting role, ideally in the spaces of travel, hospitality & tourism, and/or tech
- Strong communication skills and an understanding of what quality content means from the perspective of a person who is *reading* it, not just writing it
- Ability to feel and follow a specified tone of voice
- Independent and organized; you place importance on upholding a process and seeing writing assignments through to completion
- Discerning eye for grammar, spelling, punctuation, formatting
- A thorough understanding of and comfort working with concepts in content marketing, copywriting, linguistic creativity, SEO
Things that float our boat:
- You know the difference between writing, proofreading, and the different levels of editing
- You know the difference between copywriting/sales copy, creative copy, copy that *moves* you v. copy that moves you to grab your wallet
- You know the difference between content generation and content creation—and you have an opinion on it
- You can tap into empathy for readers v. consumers, and you have an understanding of screens, platforms, technology, and the way the eye travels across a page.
- When it comes to writing, you know where emotions belong: on the page, not in the process. You can chop, slash, and mash words or watch someone else do it to your baby and you’ll recover.
- You have a knack—no, an inherent affinity and tendency—towards storytelling. You understand the relationship between a brand, its style, the story it’s telling, and the content that serves as the vehicle bringing it all together.
What can you expect?
- Contributing to and belong to an above-the-fold, snazzy, passionate, ahead-of-the-curve content department—and a front row seat on the action as we build it from the ground-up
- You’ll work in one of the most successful start-up in the world (Best “Grown Startup” from HospitalityTechnology Forum 2019, Startup Of The Year 2018 by travmagazine, One of 100 hottest startups in Europe according to WIRED magazine)
- A dynamic, multicultural, multilingual and innovative environment
- A cool set of benefits on top of your salary - BidPackage: Multisport Plus Card, health care, language courses, free lunches in the office, healthy snacks - smoothies, veggies, fruits
- Best office location in Kraków - on the Main square
- Flexible working hours
- The best atmosphere you will have ever worked in
- Inspiring management and leadership helping you to grow