🤓 Business Analyst
🌍 edrone | Lekarska 1, Kraków🖥 http://edrone.me
edrone is edrone is an AI-fueled SaaS platform, providing Instant ROI and Customer Experience solutions for eCommerce. It is used by hundreds of big retailers both in Poland and worldwide. edrone won multiple awards including Computer World’s "Best in Cloud" in 2017 and 2018. We’re VC-baked after four years of bootstrap journey.
We're a hard-working, fun-loving, get-things-done type of team that is building a platform that helps increase client’s online sales. We know how much grit it takes to start your own business and grow it into something that lasts. We roll our sleeves up, we act fast, and we learn together. We're looking for people that will do the same.
Summary & Overview
As a Business Analyst @ edrone, you’ll deliver, develop, and use data analytics to prioritize the Core Product roadmap. You’ll Assess processes, determine requirements, and deliver data-driven recommendations and reports to executives and stakeholders. You’ll analyze requirements received from stakeholders of various business teams to be used in the agile-approach product development. This role is set to work directly with the Sales Director, Chief of Customer Service, UX specialist, and Engineering Team Lead. We expect you to use facilitation skills. Deliver BI reports to help the organization to make data-based decisions. You’ll be reporting to your manager on the Engineering and Product Team.
The most frequent of your daily basis activities:
- Collecting requirements from existing clients, future clients
- Understanding of the industry ‘state of the art’, and draw conclusions basing on it
- Creating a detailed business analysis, outlining problems, opportunities, and solutions for a business
- Budgeting and forecasting
- Planning and monitoring
- Variance analysis
- BI and Reporting
- Defining business requirements and reporting them back to stakeholders
- Helping Product Owner and UX Specialist to better understand requirements and keeping aligned with your analysis
- Key metrics supporting prioritization and roadmap
Skills - required:
Both hard skills and soft skills are the keys to your success in this position. Business Analysts need to know how to pull, analyze, and report data trends, as well as market trends, and be able to share that information with others and apply it on the business side.
- General understanding of Agile methodologies, marketing software, SaaS, and eCommerce
- Strong understanding of Project Management Metrics. i.a. these ones: https://www.workfront.com/project-management/metrics
- Proficiency in using spreadsheets
- experience in the use of BI tools and data visualization tools (design visualizations to explain the findings)
- Oral and written communication skills
- Interpersonal and consultative skills
- Facilitation skills
- Analytical thinking and problem solving
- Being detail-oriented and capable of delivering a high level of accuracy
- Organizational skills
Skills - Nice to have:
- Knowledge of the business structure
- Stakeholder analysis
- Costs benefit analysis
- Processes modeling
- Understanding of networks, databases, and other technology
- Google Analytics
- We’re open to work on the software and tools you’re familiar with
How we work:
- Radical Candor
- Fast-paced organization
- Small, tightly-knit groups of very skilled people
- Directly Responsible Individual
- Blameless postmortems
- We’re happy to learn from you and not only the other way round
What we value:
- Seeking mastery. We read books, attend conferences, and meetups. We have a library of books. We study alone and in groups. Company has budget to support us. We do this because it is our passion.
- Curiosity. If we use something we want to know how it works exactly. What are the constraints, when does it fail
- Direct, honest and timely feedback. This is how we improve.
- Autonomy. We support each other and we actively avoid micromanagement.
- Being good human. We don’t tolerate jerks, no matter how brilliant they are
Interesting technical challenges:
- Scalability - we ingest “tons” of data that must be processed near-real time. Traffic patterns change constantly and we have to adapt dynamically. We rely on horizontal partitioning and auto-scaling a lot.
- Reliability - uptime, latencies, queue processing delays - we live and breathe by these metrics. We assume machines, disks, network and software will fail. Our approach is resilience engineering and automation.
Other tech we use:
- AWS (25+ services) Java 11, git, JIRA, Confluence, WebStorm, PhpStorm, IntelliJ, Redis, Hadoop, Spark
- Workstation setup: Linux, 32 GB RAM, 2 large monitors, SSD or Laptops Win/macOS