🤓 UI/UX Designer
🌍 Juo | ul. Lęborska, Gdańsk🖥 http://juo.io
#B2B, #UI, #Designer
Juo, a new company by the founders of The Rectangles, is looking for a UI/UX Designer to join the team in Wrocław (PL), Gdańsk (PL) or remotely.
At Juo we're on a mission to empower every organization to continuously improve their digital products, and understand their users better. We're building an exploration and optimization tool of tomorrow that is already used by several companies across the globe. Juo will solve one critical problem of millions of organizations: the lack of access to optimization insights and automated experimentation.
Juo is every modern marketer's best friend. It's a plug-and-play, no-code, and AI-powered assistant that turns every website into an insight-generating, optimization playground.
Over the past few years, we've worked together as UX and CRO consultants with hundreds of global SaaS and eCommerce companies. Our comprehensive team is built of experienced entrepreneurs, researchers, analysts, designers and developers.
Some frameworks we developed have been used by many great organizations of all sizes, including NASA (that's right), Sundose, or Nested.
We value teamwork, creativity, optimism, and the courage to take ownership of your work. If you share these values — we'd love you to help us grow.
Our team is backed by amazing investors, business angels, and hands-on advisors that have worked with such companies as Allegro, Delivery Hero, Smyk, Symmetrical, and more.
It’s an exciting time to join our team. We've just raised a sizeable pre-seed round and are ready to build traction and push the Juo magic into the world.
The role: UI/UX Designer
Why this role
Website is the business card, communication platform, and much more of any modern organization. We're looking for a skilled designer who is going to join our team to create and continuously improve our website, landing pages and other visual assets so that they will not only look amazing, but also clearly communicate Juo's values, features, and personality.
This role will:
- Make a great impact on the company aesthetic and brand
- Play a major part in shaping the short- and long-term design strategies
- Help you broaden your current superpowers with the new exciting ones
- Support the company at a very magical, early-life-of-a-startup time
About the role:
You'll brainstorm the design ideas with the team and then execute them. You'll co-create Juo's visual identity, participate in creating strategies and concepts, and then translate them into brand, visual, and marketing assets. You'll play a crucial part in shaping Juo's personality.
You'll be working with multiple stakeholders (founders, other team members, super experienced advisors) in a fast-paced environment on finding product-market fit. We're looking for an extremely creative and optimistic individual, with an analytical mind and attention to detail, who loves to grow with the organization.
Juo is all about incremental improvements, organic growth and evolution, and that's why we look for the people who share these values. If you're not happy with "the status quo" and like to always challenge yourself and look for opportunities to learn and grow, you're going to have a great time working with us. We value curiosity and drive, so you don't have to have tens of years of experience. If you have the skills and willingness to try different approaches and learn new things, we'll provide you with the environment and all the resources needed to become an iconic designer.
We're looking for someone genuinely passionate about design — we want you to share your knowledge and excitement with the team and inspire them with your enthusiasm. Things are happening fast at Juo, so soon you might also be in charge of building, managing, and inspiring your own team.
This role is an amazing career kickstart for a creative who already has some experience and wants to quickly become a Design Lead in a global startup.
- Working closely with the founders, growth, product, and marketing team members on a concise long-term brand strategy and its execution
- Taking ownership of the whole design ideation process: from research, through wireframes, and prototypes, to its final form and implementation guidelines for the dev team
- Making visual assets, landing page UIs, illustrations, icons, etc. from scratch and proactively helping other teams with their design needs
- Figuring out how to deliver the right messages to the right audience
- Creating marketing materials that help people understand Juo and its value for them
- Constantly listening to the users to understand their needs, and looking for new ways to provide them with a delightful user experience
- Continuously building a visual identity to match the company brand and tone & voice
Skills and experience:
- At least 2 years of experience in UI/UX design, ideally also in producing marketing assets
- A broad portfolio showing your web design skills and other capabilities you'd like to share with us
- Expert Figma and at least very good Adobe Illustrator skills
- Ability to produce exceptional static images with a high level of craft and attention to detail (experience in creating animated images (GIFs, SVGs) will be a great advantage).
- Experience in close cooperation with product and dev teams would be a plus
- Natural capability to envision how people will engage with the deliverables you create
- Familiarity with digital marketing strategy, KPIs, and metrics — we don't expect you to be a marketing analyst, but it would be good if you had a natural curiosity about how your creations perform
- Knowing how to look for information and how to verify your sources
- Excellent time management skills
- Fluent spoken and written English (we'll have a brief conversation in English during your interview)
- Fluency in Polish to easily communicate with the team on a daily basis
We'll enjoy working together if you:
- understand that a team is much more than a sum of its members' skills
- like to work with people and have a natural drive to cooperate
- are always organized and independent in your work if needed
- like hands-on approach
- always look for ways to learn and discover
- believe fair feedback is a bliss
- align yourself with people whose glass is always half full
- define honesty as your core value
What we offer:
Building an extraordinary team is a fantastic challenge. We require a lot, but we give back to our teammates as much since they're not company assets, they're founders.
What you'll get:
- Being a part of an exceptional team you can trust and rely on
- By joining as an early employee, the true sense of autonomy and ownership
- Working with a team of experienced founders and domain experts
- Taking an active part in building a revolutionary product
- Very competitive salary
- Employee stock ownership plan (ESOP)
- Cool and fully ergonomic office in the city center of Wroclaw (PL) or Gdańsk (PL), but we're open to remote work
- MacBook Pro, desk set-up, and all the necessary tools you need
- 1-on-1 access to company mentors, investors and advisors (e.g. VP of growth at Airalo, ex. sales exec at Delivery Hero, CTO of NoMagic.ai, CEO of Symmetrical.ai)
How to apply:
If you feel that this is it, don't hesitate and email us with your resume, portfolio and any thoughts you'd like to share.
We hate long-drawn-out processes — so usually the whole thing takes ~2 weeks from start to finish. Oh, and we answer every application. If your first email clicks, the next step will be a 60min Zoom with one of us and we'll take it from there.
We're excited to hear from you!
Thank you for your time.