🤓 Lead Product Designer
20 000 - 26 000 PLN netto
🌍 Ruby Labs | Centrum, Warszawa🖥 https://rubylabs.com/
#PM, #ProductDesigners, #MobileApps
Ruby Labs Ltd (RL) is a fast-growing start-up established in London in 2018. RL operates the biggest astrology mobile app, Hint, with the mission to educate people by simplifying astrology for greater awareness, and we launched a mobile fitness app, Able, this year.
We are looking for a strong and experienced Lead Product Designer who will be responsible for defining design strategy and manage the design team, developing processes, and establishing good communication across the team. As a lead product designer, you’d be responsible for realising the vision of all our products, from research to production – that means having a head for strategy and a desire to provide a voice for design in the running of the company, as well as having the skills and willingness to roll up your sleeves and get involved with the details of making great products.
You’ll also be pivotal for constantly evaluating where the design team and processes need work, and hiring or communicating accordingly.
- Supervise the UI/UX designers to ensure the high performance of each team member
- Outsource/recruit UI/UX designers
- Set up and manage the design process
- Communicate and present research, insights, concepts to stakeholders while promoting UX design mindset and methodology within the team
- Analyse metrics data to make design-focused solutions
- Create and iterate tools and processes that promote user-centered design practice and mindset
- Partner with UX team members to promote and collaborate on best practices for the user experience program
- Going beyond best practices and being able to uncover unexpected, but still workable solutions
- Identifying opportunities to challenges and refining our research and design principles
- Ability to clarify success metrics and efforts towards delivering business value and efficiency of the teams' resources
- Have a strong portfolio showcasing work and case studies
- Designed successful and well-knows products (mobile apps)
- 6+ years of experience delivering successful work for entire product areas for native mobile (essential), web and/or software applications;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to justify design decisions and articulate alternative design approaches;
- Previous experience managing Product Designers
- Solid project management, organisational, time management and prioritising skills with the ability to juggle multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Experience collaborating with cross-functional teams in fast-paced, agile environments
- Proven ability to work cross-team and synthesise feedback and input from stakeholders
Nice to have
- Had built the design team from scratch/ start-up experience;
- The products in the portfolio should be simple and consistent with the main focus on mobile app;
- Design Thinking Process experience
You will be joining a strong team of ~70 people passionate about building the best-in-class product. RL has incredible team members, users, and ambitions... which is where you come in.
This is a fantastic opportunity to build and grow some of the most exciting astrology and fitness products which will shape the future of how people consume these services.
We are a remote-first company, and our product team is distributed across Europe while our chat operators and content management are located on-site in Malta. This was a deliberate choice to prioritise work-life balance and ensure we're able to accommodate the best people in Europe, whilst fostering diversity.
Kindness is what drives us. By that, we mean the way we treat each other. We make it our mission to choose people who show respect and empathy.
We want everyone to feel included, seen, comfortable, and confident to be themselves. We’ve had the privilege of cherry-picking our team on an international scale and we encourage diversity to gain insight into a range of cultures (and climates!).
We know there’s more to life than work. Our flexible and remote approach allows us to look after ourselves, while still enjoying a job we love.
Every day is a learning curve at Ruby Labs, and we aim to keep it that way. As a start-up, we’re always experimenting. We welcome new ideas and a fresh perspective. If you know something we don’t, then we want to hear it. Learning is ingrained in our culture; every opportunity is a lesson to be learned.
Competitive remuneration, Culture of continuous learning, Flexible vacation policy.
Regular employment in UK or Malta or Contractor agreement for the team members distributed across Europe (non-UK/Malta).